Christmas is the season of giving and our friendly SgFreeBee is more than happy to do its part for the society.
Working in hands with Cause.ad (http://causead.sg), SgFreebee will be launching a Christmas giveback project which will run from 8pm on 25th November 2010 and last for 100 hours.
Every single “Like” matters. Do join me in doing something meaningful this coming christmas season. And please help to spread the message around.
Quick Facts About Operation Smile Singapore
- Approximately 1 in 500 children in Asia are born with a facial deformity.
- In as little as 45 minutes, one cleft lip surgery can change a child’s life forever.
- Children with facial deformities who do not receive reconstructive surgery often have difficulty breathing, drinking, eating and speaking. As a result, many suffer from malnutrition, medical and psychological problems.
- A cleft lip operation costs as little as SGD $360.
- Operation Smile Singapore is a registered not-for-profit organization registered under the Charities Act.
- Operation Smile Singapore is part of a global alliance of Operation Smile Foundations and Resource Chapters dedicated to providing free treatment to children and adults suffering from cleft lips and cleft palates.
- Since 1982, more than 115,000 children and young adults have been treated by thousands of Operation Smile volunteers worldwide and thousands of healthcare professionals have been trained globally.
- Operation Smile provides care for children in 51 countries. 9 resource countries raise funds and provide medical volunteers, while 42 program countries receive education and training and conduct surgeries.